- There can be no more growth
- The Future
- Some activities will transfer from essential to discretionary
- Four Meals from Anarchy: Rising Food Prices Could Spark Famine, War, and Revolution in 2022
- Free Public Transit Is Not a Climate Policy
- Whilst the Bank of England fiddles with rates people’s livelihoods are failing, and the economy is burning.
- Degrowth is now happening
- UK food production to shrink as input inflation hits 24%
- Elon Musk – How his brain works
- Degrowth: Fact or Ideology: Both
- The Renewable-Energy Revolution Will Need Renewable Storage
- What is Degrowth?
- MANAGING THE REALITY OF ‘LIFE AFTER ORTHODOXY’
- Global Transition: From growth to degrowth and top-down to bottom-up
- Think of your car as a home power supply on wheels
- Why your fish and chips may cost a lot more
- Why we still don’t yet know how bad climate migration will get
- These foods could soon be in short supply due to the war in Ukraine
- How to Build a Bike Generator with Control Panel
- The Overton Window
- UK is facing bigger economic shock than 1973 oil crisis that could leave families £1,750 worse off as energy prices soar and ban on Russian imports is set to pile on more pressure
- If higher energy prices cannot be achieved, there is a significant chance that the change in the world order will be in the direction of pushing the world economy toward collapse.
- Herefordshire’s Local Plan: Spatial options consultation: Local plan 2021-2041: How to avoid food poverty: Herefordshire must focus on local food economies
- Online course: Principles and Practices of Deep Transformation
- There’s an invisible ecosystem in the air — and climate change is disrupting it
- We are entering a phase of de-consumption as we are obliged to forgo discretionary items in order to meet the rising cost of essentials.
- Free Course – Ecological Civilisation: Beyond Consumerism and the Growth Economy (Introduction)
- The government shouldn’t do anything to subsidise energy prices.
- Transforming Food Systems to Transform the Future | Jason Bradford
- Welcome to the age of cuts – by Tim Watkins
- (1) UK car production plunged to its lowest level since 1956 last year and (2) Families defaulting on essential payments
- How to shrink the economy?
- If de-growth changes everything, it changes politics, and it changes public priorities
- Post Doom
- Andrew Nikiforuk
- BBC interview
- Bill Gates
- circular economy
- David Boyle
- electricity prices
- gail tverberg
- green wizards
- local communiity
- local futures
- oil system
- power to change
- rewilding britain
- Richard Heinberg
- save the world
- shrinking consumption
- social care
- solar panel
- supply chain
- Tim Morgan
- Tim Watkins
- wind farms
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Tag Archives: gail tverberg
If higher energy prices cannot be achieved, there is a significant chance that the change in the world order will be in the direction of pushing the world economy toward collapse.
So says Gail Tverberg in her latest piece.
Gail Tverberg’s latest (very long) piece concludes that: We also have the opportunity to decide how we want to live the rest of our lives. We have been led for many years down the path of believing that economic growth … Continue reading
Gail Tverberg’s latest post includes:  In a finite world, longer-term models need to take into account the fact that resources deplete and the population keeps rising. Any modeler who tries to take into account the fact that resources deplete … Continue reading